Terms & Conditions of Use
The terms “Sitel Group”, “Sitel” or the “Company” as used in this website refer to Sitel Group and its affiliates, unless otherwise stated or indicated by context. The term “facilities” or “sites” refers to entities or locations owned or operated by subsidiaries or affiliates of Sitel Group. References herein to “Sitel Group Associates” or to “our associates” refer to employees of affiliates of Sitel Group.
Your use of this site and the services provided through this site are subject to your agreement to and compliance with these terms and conditions of use (“terms and conditions”) and agreement to our Privacy Statement, therefore please read the following carefully. Your continued use of this website will indicate your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must promptly discontinue use of this website.
You agree that you use this website and the documents at your own risk. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Sitel Group website. This website and the documents are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and title. This website and the documents are subject to change, removal or discontinuance without notice to you. The entire risk arising out of your use of this website or any Document remains with you. You agree that in no event will Sitel Group and/or its suppliers be liable for any direct, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or other damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, or loss of business information) arising from your use of this website or any document, even if Sitel Group has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site, any Document, site-related services, documents and/or hyperlinked websites is to stop using the site and/or those services. Applicable law may not allow for the disclaimer of certain implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Accuracy of information
Although Sitel Group attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of this website, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of information contained on the website. It is possible that the website could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the website by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Sitel Group so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the website may be changed or updated without notice.
You agree to refrain from using any software, scheme or device to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Sitel Group’s website.
Sitel Group’s name and the names of its products and services are the trademarks or service marks of Sitel Group and are protected under United States, European Union (EU) law and other such laws where applicable. You agree not to make unauthorized use of Sitel’s marks.
Sitel Group posts various content on its website including documents, reports and podcasts that might be of interest to you, including white papers, press releases and other publications (collectively, “Documents”). Sitel Group grants to you the right to use and print copies of such Documents under the following conditions (1) you do not remove, obscure or otherwise change the copyright notice that appears on any Document, (2) you use the Documents for informational, non-commercial and personal use only and you agree to refrain from copying or posting all or any part of any Document on any computer network or otherwise publishing, posting on the internet, distributing or broadcasting all or any part of any Document in any media, and (3) you agree to make no modifications or changes to any Documents. If you make use of any Document in violation of these conditions, your use is unauthorized, is prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Sitel Group reserves the right to prosecute violators to the maximum extent possible.
The definition of Documents does not include any materials other than those provided through the Resource Library. Specifically, it does not include the design or layout of this website or any other content on this website. The design and layout and other content on Sitel’s website are protected by trade dress, copyright and other laws, which prohibit unauthorized copying or imitation of such components of Sitel Group’s website. Unless specifically provided for in these terms and conditions or otherwise expressly permitted by Sitel Group in writing, you do not have Sitel Group ’s permission to copy or transmit any logo, graphic, sound or image on this website. Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions are reserved by Sitel.
Effective Date: November 1, 2019.
This Privacy Statement describes how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Sitel Group when you use the Website. This Privacy Statement is set out in two parts: i) general provisions; and ii) specific provisions that will apply in addition to the general provisions where EU data protection laws apply.
Sitel Group considers the responsible use of personal information to be a critical element in enabling the Internet to reach its potential as a serious tool for personal and professional activities. As the Internet changes our lives in a number of ways, Sitel Group is committed to respecting your privacy.
WHEN YOU ACCESS OUR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, OR TO ANY CHANGES WE MAY SUBSEQUENTLY MAKE, IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE AND USING OUR SERVICES.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
We use the following definitions in this Privacy Statement:
- “Sitel Group” means Sitel Group and its affiliates, unless otherwise stated or indicated by context.
- “Website” means www.sitel.com.
- “Resource Library” refers to “Insights” and “Resources” sections on sitel.com website including Blogs, White Papers, E-Books, Client Stories/Case Studies, News Articles, Press Releases, Events and any other content owned or published by Sitel Group.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat visitor’s personal information, those changes will be posted in this policy. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified above. You are responsible for to check for any changes.
Information we collect about you
Information that you provide to Sitel Group. This includes information about you and your business that you provide to us. The nature of the services you are requesting may determine the kind of information we might ask for, though such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list):
- Basic personal information such your name, business address and business email;
- and any information that you choose to share on the Website which may be considered personal information.
Information that we collect or generate about you. This includes (by way of non-exhaustive list):
- any information regarding the Sitel Group services used and our interactions with you; and
- information on your session and internet usage.
Purpose of Collection of Your Information
Your business and any personal information you may have provided, may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- for ongoing review and improvement of the Website and the information provided;
- to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website;
- to provide you with materials from our Resource Library or other materials or information (as requested by you);
- to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber attacks;
- to assess your application for Sitel Group services, where applicable;
- to set up customers to use our services;
- to send you promotional materials or emails from the Sitel Group or its business partners
- for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
- to understand feedback on our services and to help provide more information on the use of those services quickly and easily;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with services or information about our services;
- for in-depth threat analysis;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for the management and administration of our business;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing personal information.
However, when we use business and personal information we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use personal information for a variety of reasons. These include:
- we need to do so in order to perform its contractual obligations with our customers and third-party providers;
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your personal information as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
- direct marketing;
- managing our relationship with you;
- offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
- obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We may share your business and personal information with other companies within the Sitel Group for the purposes described above. We may also share your business and personal information outside of the Sitel Group for the following purposes:
- with our business partners. Business and Personal information will only be transferred to a business partner who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation;
- with third party agents and contractors for the purposes of providing services to us, for example Sitel Group’s accountants, professional advisors and IT and communications providers (such as the providers of our electronic data storage services). These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your business or personal information as described in this Privacy Statement;
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your business or personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, including, without limitation, in order to:
- fulfill a government request;
- conform with the requirements of the law or legal process;
- in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our customers or the general public; or
- establish, exercise or defend our or customers’ legal rights or property (e.g. with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims or to protect our website or enforce our Terms and Conditions).
- if we sell our business or assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity for due diligence purposes; and
- if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Data Security Measures
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any personal information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Use of information technologies
Website Optimization Services
In some instances, Sitel Group shares data with Google Analytics to understand and optimize website performance and enhance site usability for our customers. These tools run in the background of our sites analyzing site usage information and then returning reports to us through an encrypted connection. They are required to maintain data securely and confidentially and are not permitted to share data collected with parties other than Sitel Group and its affiliates. In addition, Google Analytics may associate and group session visits to our website from various browsers and devices.
Interest Based or Online Behavioral Advertising
We may also use the services of third party analytics companies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you visit this website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based behavioral advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted contact, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “NAI Online Advertising Opt Out”.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of the Sitel Group. Those sites have their own rules, terms and conditions and privacy policies which you should review before using such sites. Sitel Group is not responsible for any aspect of any linked site. Sitel Group provides links to you only as a convenience, and Sitel Group is not responsible for the content of links or third party websites nor does the inclusion of any link signify endorsement by Sitel Group and accordingly your use of such third party websites is at your own risk.
Selling Your Business or Personal Information
Sitel Group, its global affiliates, clients and third parties do not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, business or personal information to another businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
EU data protection laws
Where EU data protection laws apply, the provisions in this section will apply in addition to the general provisions set out above.
Pursuant to EU data protection laws [INLCUDE FULL LEGAL NAME OF RELEVANT ENTITY] is the controller of your personal information collected and processed via the Website.
For how long Sitel Group will hold your personal information will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which Sitel Group is using it: Sitel Group is required to retain the personal information for as long as is necessary to satisfy or meet the purpose for which it was obtained or any other legal purpose.
- Legal Obligations: Laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which Sitel Group must retain your personal information.
- Where we transfer your personal information to another country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of the EEA, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for personal information;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal information;
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal information outside the EEA.
- You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA by contacting us using the details set out under the “Contact Us” section below.
- In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your personal information, you may have the following rights:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain personal information to comply with a legal obligation;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided directly to Sitel Group;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out under the “Contact Us” section below.
You can “opt-out” or withdraw consent to receive emails or any other communications we send you at any time by emailing your request to email@example.com, and Sitel Group will remove your information from its records.
In general on www.sitel.com, IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) are logged to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyze this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there.
Some Sitel Group web pages use “cookies,” which are small files that may be placed on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. A cookie helps us remember who you are. Similarly, cookies can make your subsequent visits to the web page simpler and more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, would like to stop receiving information from Sitel Group or would like to correct or update information provided to Sitel Group via its website, contact us via the “Contact” link at the bottom of every page on www.sitel.com and sitel.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make an inquiry regarding your privacy rights or have questions for our Data Protection Officer, email email@example.com or call (866) 957-4835.