Terms and Conditions of Sitel’s Use of Employee Social Media Content
Sitel Group and its affiliates, (collectively “Sitel”) maintain and operate Sitel-branded accounts on social media applications and websites, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (hereinafter “Social Media Platforms”) as well as the Sitel-branded website located at www.sitel.com (the “Website”). From time to time, Sitel features visual images, videos, audio recordings and/or written content on the Social Media Platforms and the Website (“Social Media Content”). Sitel would like the ability to share, use, and disseminate certain Social Media Content produced by Sitel employees on such employees’ social media accounts that feature the hashtag #SitelLife or that otherwise highlight employment at Sitel (“Employee Content”) on Sitel’s Social Media Platforms and/or the Website.
Before sharing, using or disseminating your Employee Content on the Social Media Platforms maintained by and operated by Sitel, the Website, or for any other business purpose, Sitel requests your authorization. To accept Sitel’s request to share, use or disseminate your Employee Content, you only need to type “#SitelYes” in reply to Sitel’s request on the applicable Social Media Platform. By replying “#SitelYes” in response to Sitel’s request, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of use:
- Sitel may use and share your Employee Content, including any associated images, video, audio, or written content, for any business purpose including, but not limited to, marketing, employee recruitment, and general promotional purposes on any of the Social Media Platforms maintained and operated by Sitel, the Website, or on any printed or digital marketing or promotional materials;
- Sitel may copyright and use, re-use, publish, and re-publish (without restriction) your Employee Content through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, marketing, trade, or for any other business purpose whatsoever;
- You relinquish any right that you may otherwise have to examine or approve any post or other use by Sitel on the Social Media Platforms operated and maintained by Sitel, the Website, or other printed or digital media of your Employee Content;
- You further understand and agree that Sitel is not responsible for any unauthorized duplications or use of the Employee Content by third parties via the Internet or otherwise;
- You release, discharge and agree to hold Sitel and all persons or entities functioning under Sitel’s permission or authority harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities (“Claims”) arising out of the taking, use, distribution, or publication of Employee Content, including without limitation, any Claims for libel or invasion of privacy;
- You hereby grant to Sitel a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable right to use your Employee Content in any manner to be determined in Sitel’s sole discretion, including but not limited to, on the Website and Social Media Platforms operated and maintained by Sitel, in promotional e-mails and advertisements, and in any and all other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, in any media now or hereafter known. Sitel may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your Employee Content in any manner in its sole discretion, with no obligation to you whatsoever. Sitel shall have no obligation (express or implied) to post or otherwise use your Employee Content and may at any time remove your Employee Content for any reason without prior notice. You also grant Sitel the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, descriptions of you, location or other identifying information, including but not limited to, your voice, in connection with any use of your Employee Content in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- You hereby agree and represent and warrant that: (i) you are solely responsible for your Employee Content, (ii) you own all rights in and to your Employee Content and/or have obtained appropriate rights and permissions from any and all other persons and/or entities who own, manage or otherwise claim any rights with respect to such Employee Content, (iii) you are not a minor, (iv) Sitel’s use of your Employee Content as described herein will not violate the rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, moral, proprietary or other rights, of any third party, or any law, rule or regulation, and (v) the Employee Content is not libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful;
- You understand and agree that the Employee Content you authorize to be used, shared, or disseminated is deemed non-confidential and Sitel has no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the Employee Content;
- You understand and agree that the Employee Content may be stored in a database belonging to Sitel, and that you may exercise your right to access, rectify, or have Employee Content deleted in the database by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. After such a request (“Privacy Request”), Sitel will no longer share or disseminate your Employee Content following the date of the request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that Sitel shall be under no obligation to withdraw any Employee Content that pre-dates your Privacy Request on the Social Media Platforms maintained and operated by Sitel, the Website, or any other marketing or promotional materials; and
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of law provisions.