Sitel Group’s People-Centric Response to COVID-19Download
MIAMI – March 13, 2020 – On March 11, 2020, COVID-19, (coronavirus), was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). The virus continues to spread across the globe and remains a concern for the business environment. At Sitel Group, the well-being and safety of our people is, as always, our No.1 priority. We are working diligently with our leadership teams, employees and clients to protect both our people as well as our continued operations with our clients.
Sitel Group and its partners are always mindful of maintaining a safe work environment. We continue to pay close attention to advice from the WHO and other health agencies. At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in any Sitel Group location.
“We continue to monitor conditions closely each day and have activated our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) protocol accordingly to reassure our associates and our clients around the globe,” said Chris Knauer, Chief Security Officer at Sitel Group. “We take all threats to business continuity seriously and are working with our clients and employees to avoid the spread of infection.”
Internally, Sitel Group has taken the following steps to support its people and client partners:
- The group has implemented travel restrictions globally and is only allowing business-critical travel at this time
- The Global BCP team is meeting daily to monitor the situation both internally and externally; the group has established Global Crisis Management Teams as well as Regional Crisis Management Teams which are reporting on these calls every weekday
- Mandatory virtual meetings were held to educate site leadership, Operations and HR regarding BCP, processes and symptom awareness; recordings of these calls are housed for our Coach+ employees to see within Workplace, the group’s internal communication channel
- The group is working to implement the Sitel at Home solution across the globe where appropriate and where possible
- The Workforce Management team is employing standard strategies and tactics related to planning for increased absenteeism as seen in the seasonal flu season which this virus is expected to mirror
- Each of the group’s 100+ sites across the globe have activated heightened awareness communication with clients, employees and suppliers
- All Sitel facilities have employed supplemental site and personnel hygiene actions to stop the spread of any illness
“As conditions are rapidly changing, day by day, we appreciate our clients’ partnership and trust during this time,” said Knauer.
For more updates and information on business continuity management and coronavirus, visit sitel.com/business-continuity-management.
About Sitel Group
Sitel Group’s 80,000 people across the globe connect many of the world’s best-known brands with their customers – 3.5 million times every day. As a global customer experience (CX) management leader, we apply our 30+ years of industry-leading experience and the entrepreneurial spirit of our group’s founders to deliver omnichannel experiences through voice, chat, social media and more to customers of our 400+ clients across all verticals – from Fortune 500 companies to local startups.
Our group’s breadth of capabilities – powered by our ecosystem of experts including innso, Learning Tribes, Sitel, Sitel Insights and TSC – go beyond business process outsourcing (BPO) to support every stage of the customer journey. We are redefining the contact center and improving business results by pairing innovative solutions – such as self-care and automation – with the human touch, emotion and empathy of our people.
As a CX platform, we are powered by experts to deliver tailored CX solutions to fit our clients’ needs through our consultative, customer-centric approach adding value at every touchpoint – regardless of location, channel or time of day.