How do I apply for a Work from Home position? Do I need special equipment? Where are you hiring? The answers to these – and other commonly asked questions about our work from home jobs – can be found below.
Sitel at Home offers real work from home jobs that allow employees to deliver exceptional customer support for some of the world’s best brands. Sitel at Home employees enjoy a flexible work-life balance with the tools and resources to deliver the best customer experience from the comfort of their home.
As a Sitel at Home employee, you will be dealing with inbound and outbound customer service calls, including account or product inquiries, product or service orders and installation scheduling.
You will have a dedicated Coach and Subject Matter Expert available to support you via phone, email and live chat.
Employees must have a home office environment that is noise and distraction free. Common distractions may include interruptions from family members, mobile phones, television, music, doorbells and pets.
No, you must work from your home office (IP) address. We deal with sensitive customer and client information and we need to ensure a safe and secure network at all times.
No, there are no fees to apply or become an agent. In the past, scammers have tried to falsely recruit associates under our name. Sitel will never request banking/financial information. If you experience something that doesn’t feel quite right, contact us and we will get back to you quickly.
You can expect to hear back from us as soon as possible. However, due to high volumes of applications this may take us a little longer than usual.
Any fees associated with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check are covered by Sitel Group. There is no cost to the applicant.
Sitel at Home employees are hired as employees.
The first step in applying to a work from home position is to complete this assessment.
We’re hiring work from home positions all across the UK.
- You need a Windows (8.1 or above), macOS (10.12 or above) or Chromebox desktop or laptop. Tablets (iPad, Android) or Mobile Phones are not supported.
- Devices should be ideally less than 5-years old.
- You need a screen resolution of, at a minimum, 1280×1024.
- You should have Anti-Virus software installed and up to date (pre-installed on Windows)
- You should have a minimum of 4GB memory (RAM)
- CPU should be a minimum of 1.8GHz with at least two processor cores. Intel Atom, Celeron or Pentium branded processors aren’t supported.
- Free space – 20 GB minimum (SSD preferred)
- 3 available USB ports for keyboard, mouse and headset (All peripherals must be wired (wireless keyboard, mouse or headset are NOT allowed)
- Approved USB headset
- 1 free USB port
- Stereo speakers and a sound processor or card that supports these
- As part of the application process, we provide a built-in computer diagnostic test to determine if your computer meets our requirements.
Yes, but it will need to support macOS 10.12 or above.
- 3Mbps download and 1Mbps upload speeds
- 100Mbps or greater wired network connection preferred.
You can use any ISP (DSL or Cable) as long as it meets our required upload/download speeds and the service is reliable. 4G/5G connections are not supported.
You do not need another Phone Line above and beyond your Internet connection.
No, a long distance plan is not required.
No, Sitel’s software is independent and cannot access data or files on your computer.
Yes, all associates are required to attend an online training class. The length of the training class will depend on the complexity of the project.
Training for positions varies depending on the complexity of the assignment. Training can last anywhere between 2 days to 3 weeks.
Yes, training classes are paid by the hour. If a class is 40 hours, you will be paid for 40 hours.
You will be required to download software, which is available online. You will need a Sitel-approved telephone and headset. More details will be provided prior to starting.
No, work schedules are based on our clients’ call volume. However, we do try to coordinate training classes to be close to the work schedules being offered.
Attendance is required. If you miss even one class, you will be dropped from the project. Sitel Group does not offer make-up training classes. Since a lot of material is covered in each class, missing even one would be detrimental to your success on the project.
Schedules for each position vary depending on client needs. When hiring for a project, prospective agents will receive an email with the available schedules.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Associates must have availability to train full-time (40 hours per week)..
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Yes, to full and part time employees. This includes paid training and development opportunities, as well as employee discounts with big brands and eye care vouchers.
Employees will be paid weekly, on a Friday.