Sitel Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
Sitel recognizes its obligations to act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in our interactions with all stakeholders be they our associates, clients, suppliers, or the communities and environment in which we all live and work.
- We respect prevailing law and expect the same of our associates and business partners. We abide by all applicable work, safety, environmental and other legislation and regulations in the operation of our business.
- We are committed to being a good steward of natural resources through actions such as recycling, operating paperless and the use of energy efficient equipment, and to reducing pollutants associated with our business which may have adverse effects on the environment or communities in which we operate.
- We endeavor to minimize the incidence of work-related injury and illness and recognize that a safe and healthy work environment enhances the quality of our work through improved associate retention and morale. We are committed to an open dialogue with our associates on all issues that impact their well-being. We especially encourage associate input on concerns relating to health and safety and overall working conditions.
- We support, respect and recognize the human rights of our associates and are committed to providing a work environment that is free of harsh and inhumane treatment, harassment and unlawful discrimination. We treat our associates with dignity and respect and support an environment where work is voluntary and employment is freely chosen.
- We believe that the interests of Sitel and its associates are best served by open and direct communication between management and associates. We strive to provide an environment where associates have an opportunity to communicate directly with management in order to resolve issues without fear of reprisal, intimidation or harassment. We respect the legal rights of associates to join or refrain from joining worker associations.
- We do not and will not use child labor or expose children or young workers to any conditions that are hazardous or unsafe to their physical and mental health and development.
- We support the communities within which we operate and encourage associates to participate in community activities.
- We recognize and celebrate the cultural differences among our global workforce and provide a workplace that respects those differences. Likewise, we recognize the benefit of a diverse supply chain in our global markets.
- We strive to support associate education and participation in measures to improve environmental awareness and protection and social respect.
- Finally and perhaps foremost, we continually seek to maximize the satisfaction of our clients and their customers not only in our delivery of services but also by meeting expected standards regarding human rights, working conditions, safety and environmental protection.
The implementation of this policy is the responsibility of company management, its observance incumbent on all employees.