Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fee to join the Sitel Work@Home Solutions team?
- In what state do you hire for Sitel Work@Home?
- Is there a fee associated with the criminal background check, credit check or drug screen?
- When will I hear about my application?
- Are associates hired as employees or are they independent contractors?
- What kind of work will I be doing?
- Will I get to choose which project I work on?
- What are the requirements for my work space?
- What schedules are available?
- How will I receive support at home?
- Are positions part time or full time?
- How much does an associate get paid?
- Does Sitel pay by the hour or by the call?
- How does Sitel pay?
- When will my benefits take effect?
- Do Sitel associates get raises?
- Do I need to complete a training program?
- Am I paid for training?
- How long is training?
- Will I have support during training?
- What materials or equipment will I need for training?
- Will my training schedule be the same as my work schedule?
- What happens if I can’t attend every training class?
- What type of phone line is needed?
- Do I need to have a long distance plan?
- What are the computer requirements for the Employee Owned Equipment positions?
- Can I use a Macintosh computer?
- What are the Internet requirements?
- Can I use any Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
- Can I work from my local coffee shop?
- For the Employee Owned Equipment positions will Sitel software be loaded onto my computer?
- If I accepted a position where I provided my own equipment will Sitel ever have access to the personal information on my computer?
- Can I use VoIP for my phone service?
In what states do you hire for Sitel Work@Home?
Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Is there a fee associated with the criminal background check, credit check or drug screen?
Fees associated with the background check, credit check and drug screen are paid by Sitel. There is no cost to the applicant.
When will I hear about my application?
Within 24 hours of completing your application you will receive an email from Sitel acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not receive this email, we have not received your application and you will need to reapply.
What kind of work will I be doing?
Associates will take inbound customer service calls. Calls may involve billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, installation scheduling or technical product trouble shooting.
What are the requirements for my work space?
Associates will need to provide an office that is noise and distraction free. Be aware that common distractions may include interruptions from family members, cell phones, television, music, doorbells and pets.
What materials or equipment will I need for training?
You will be required to download software which will be available online. You will need your Sitel approved telephone and headset. We will provide details about each when you are offered a position.
Will my training schedule be the same as my work schedule?
No, training schedules and work schedules will not be the same. Work schedules will be based on our clients call volume. We will try to coordinate training classes so they are close to the work schedules being offered.
What happens if I can’t attend every training class?
You must attend every training class. If you miss even one class you will be dropped from the project. Sitel does not offer make-up training classes. A large amount of information is covered in each class; missing one class would be detrimental to your success on the project.
- Basic home phone line is required including traditional phone lines and/or cable based (Comcast, Verizon, etc.) – VoIP service such as Skype, Vonage, magicjack, etc. are NOT allowed.
Computing Minimum Specifications:
Sitel Work@Home Solution™ BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) Project:
Computing Minimum Specifications:
- Desktop or Laptop (Apple/Mac, Tablets, Winbooks, Smart devices, Windows Mini PCs, Chromebook, & Android systems are NOT compatible)
- Operation system – Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- All peripherals must be wired (Wireless Keyboard, Mouse, or Headset are NOT allowed)
- A separate 19” Monitor with 1280×1024 minimum resolution (this does not include monitors associated with an All-In-One or AIO unit)
- * Anti-Virus – Symantec, McAfee, AVG, Windows Defender, Trend Micro
For Windows Systems
- RAM – Required 4 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Processor Speed – Dual Core 2 Ghz or better
- Free Space – 20 GB
- 2 available USB ports
Sitel requires Internet not be used for non-work related purpose during working hours; including media streaming, ripping, gaming, or other web usage by other members of household that may negatively impact your networks performance.
Other Technical Requirements
- Approved USB Headset < hyper link to show the list of approved headsets listed below>
- Basic home phone line is required including traditional phone lines and/or cable based (Comcast, Verizon, etc.) – VoIP service such as Skype, Vonage, magic jack, etc. are NOT allowed
For your convenience, our application process includes a built-in computer diagnostic test to determine if your computer meets our requirements.
Internet – Minimum Specifications:
- Internet speed – download speed 1.5 MB; upload speed 1.5MB
- ISP must be highly stable with no packet loss and latency under 100ms
- DSL or Broadband Required – WiFi, WiMax, Satellite, dial-up, and/or Hotspots are NOT allowed
- Home Router with wired link to PC
Can I work from my local coffee shop?
No, you must work from your home office IP (Internet Protocol) address. We deal with sensitive customer and client information and we need to ensure we have a safe and secure network at all times.
If I accepted a position where I provided my own equipment will Sitel ever have access to the personal information on my computer?
No, the Sitel software is independent and cannot access data or files on your computer.